Monday, November 29, 2010

Reasons to be grateful

Someone asked on a forum I belong to what word we would like to use to reflect the new year ahead - 2011.  I thought about it for a while, wondering what word I would truly like to reflect the year and I suddenly realised how incredibly blessed and amazing my life is.  I've always known this, but actually thinking about it, I realised that I REALLY do have such an incredible life!  The word I chose was GRATEFUL.

I am grateful for:
  • My incredible husband who is a wonderful provider so I can be a stay at home, full time mom to Lily.  He is loving, extremely kind and just incredibly funny! I'm also grateful for the many laughs I share with him on a daily basis.
  • My beautiful, happy baby girl.  She has blessed and changed my life completely.  I never quite understood the profound life-changing experience having a child really is.  Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • For my amazing family. We are all so very close and I'm grateful for the love we all share.  My mom, my best friend, who is constantly concerned for the happiness and health of us all and never stops running around us like a little busy bee; my dad who is just full of love for his "girls" and just seeing him with Lily melts my heart, he has the softest, kindest nature; my sister, also my best friend, go-to person and confidant, a truly amazing spiritual person - one of the most sincere people I know.
  • For my beautiful house, relaxed lifestyle, my cute little black car, the food I like (but that's not necessarily quite good for the figure!) and for being able to have the nice things in life.
I'm grateful for so many things actually! Typing this just makes me realize that I have so much to be thankful for.  Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is truly beautiful Mellie, you are very blessed with words. Your blog is such a wonderful gift to Lily. Love you very much.xxx

    ReplyDelete