Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just can't get enough!

Lily is just too adorable at the moment!  I literally cannot get enough of her.  Every stage so far has been truly amazing, I feel absolutely blessed, however, this particular stage makes me want to squeeze her and just absorb every single second of it all.  The hysterical laughter and giggles, the scrunching up of her nose, the infatuation with the dogs, her love for all food presented to her, her little fat roll at the top of her leg, the cute dimples on her elbows (as Aunty Lou calls them, "Fat lady elbows"), her uncontrollable hair, the constant smile on her face... all of these things make me so grateful for what I have!

We are still on our road trip and Lily is still just taking it all in her stride.  You would swear we were still at home in our usual routine.  The only slight "niggle" is that I think her teeth are now starting to bother her a little.  Every now and then she seems a bit "unlike Lily" and I honestly think her pesky little bottom toofies are going to make an appearance soon.  Poor little nunu.  Other than that, she is truly taking this whole road trip in her stride.

We began our road trip at the beginning of November and started at the Breede River where we stayed for a week.  Our next stop was Tsitsikama where we stayed right over the ocean!  The view was amazing, but the weather unfortunately wasn't.  We managed only one walk along the beach and the rest of the time was spent entertaining Miss Lily inside.  After 4 nights there, we made our way to Cannon Rocks where we stayed in a lovely place, just minutes from the beach.  Unfortunately yet again, the weather didn't play along so we spent our days having leisurely family time together and going for drives to nearby places like Kenton-on-Sea.  We then made our way to East London where we have been for a week.  It has been great to spend time with the family and to have my mom's help - she truly is Superwoman in my eyes (cooking, cleaning, early mornings with Lily so mommy can sleep - the list is never ending)!  So tomorrow is our last day in East London and then we are heading towards Knysna on Monday.  I wish I could take my parents home with me :(

So unbeknown to Lily, she is in fact exploring quite a few places already at the tender age of 6.5 months!  I've taken numerous photographs for her so she can have a look at them when she is older.  Two of the photographs I took are actually so cute, I have to share them here.  Daddy was playing with Lily and his cap at granny and gampa's house on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment