Sunday, November 28, 2010

7 months today

Yet another month has passed in a blur and you are 7 months old.  I honestly cannot believe it and if I were granted one wish, I would wish for time to stand still for a moment.  Just a little moment so that I could fully enjoy the little person Lily is right at this very precise day in time.  I know I have said that I'm enjoying every age and stage Lily is at, but honestly, it just seems to be getting better and better.

A snapshot at this very moment in time:
  • Rolling over from her back to her stomach!  This took quite a lot of coaxing and manipulating, but finally, we had a 100% roll over.  Finally!  This doesn't happen very often, but we can say it has definitely happened now.
  • A very strong personality is emerging.  Lily knows what she wants and makes this very evident to both mommy and daddy.  Distraction works at times, but I think she is a little cleverer than we give her credit for.
  • The dogs still provide momentous amounts of entertainment.  Harley, who was once hesitant and a little nervous of the new addition to our family, seems to quite enjoy Lily now giving her nudges, licks and sniffs much to Lily's absolute delight, resulting in high pitched screaches!
  • I have started to introduce little bits of food from my plate and boy does Lily take well to it all.  I had sushi the other day and offered her some of the rice and she loved it!  I've also introduced small pieces of soft dried fruit as well as mince - all of which were eagerly moved around in her tiny mouth and then happily swallowed.
  • Lily is sitting up like a champ now!  Very solid and fully supported.  How amazing that this happened almost overnight.
  • My little girl could easily pass for a little boy at times as she loves being rough!  Daddy spins her around, turns her upside down, bounces her around and she just laps it all up with a huge grin and giggles.
  • Lily is still quite petite and still fits into her size 3-6 month clothing although some of her 6-12 month items are fitting her much better now.  It's always fun moving into a new size so she can wear her new outfits.
  • Her once thick mound of dark hair is now falling out to reveal much lighter, shorter new hair beneath.  The thicker hair on the top of her head seems to have escaped the migration so this hair is combed over the balding areas - not only do old balding men have comb-overs! :)
  • Lily is truly a very happy child.  Our days are unindated with smiles, grins and giggles.  We are truly blessed.
Happy 7 months my angel child!  I love you more than you will ever know! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment