Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life's little joys

From a life that revolved entirely around myself for 30 years, I have realized what it is to feel complete. Not that I was unhappy on my own, I just knew that I always wanted a family. So when I met my husband, I knew that my life was forever changed. I just knew that he was 'the one' and that my life was getting that much closer to being perfect. Then of course, just over 6 months ago, my world was forever changed once again when our precious little Lily arrived. Who knew that the tiny little things she would do would bring us so much joy - the sort of joy people would pay millions to experience is happening in my life daily absolutely free of charge!
  • I love the little smiles I get when I go into Lily's room when she has just woken up. No matter how early it may be, that smile literally squeezes my heart.
  • The wheezing noise she has started making is too funny! I think she loves the new sound she is hearing so continues to suck in the air and make her wheezing noise!
  • She is still doing her 'royalty' wave and once she spots her hand, she waves it even more. Absolutely the cutest gesture!
  • Her sitting is coming along nicely although she still wobbles and topples over occasionally Watching her trying to master this new milestone fills my heart with pride.
  • Lily's sleeping seems to be improving (touch wood) with bedtime at 6pm, one feed at 4am and her day starting at 6am. What a lucky mommy!
  • She loves playing flying airplane, being hung upside down and generally just being a bit rough! Maybe I'm going to have a tomboy on my hands!
  • Food is still going down really well with banana and papaya now being added to the mix. Yay for Lily being such a good little eater.  Her favourite veggies are sweet potatoes followed closely by gem squash and of course, all fruit goes down with excited anticipation with every spoonful.
  • The dogs still provide endless moments of laughter and entertainment much to everyone's amusement. It's so amazing to hear her fits of laughter while she watches them!
Even though I spent 30 happy years of my life on my own, I now cannot begin to imagine going back to that time. My hubby and baby have completely changed my life, all for the better! Who knew that our precious baby would bring us so much joy. Such tiny little priceless gestures fill my day with so much happiness.

2 comments: