Friday, October 15, 2010

I don't want to forget...

The primary aim of this blog is to record Lily (and hopefully her future sibling/s) and my journey so that one day we can both reflect on the "little moments" and the stories that, unless recorded, will otherwise be forgotten.  This is why I love the fact that I took the plunge and started this blog.  I don't mind who from the public reads my updates, but ultimately, it's merely here for a reminder, a reflection and a record of our new little family's journey.

There are so many cute things that Lily's doing at the moment.  They may seem trivial and insignificant to everyone else, but to me they're precious little moments in time that I want to capture.
  • I don't know why or what Lily finds so amusing, but she finds Harley, our Labrador, absolutely hilarious!  If he comes within her gaze or sniffs at her, she bursts into the most precious bouts of laughter and giggles. Words cannot describe how that sound simply melts my heart.  If I didn't have ears, my smile would literally wrap right around my head!
  • When she breast feeds, she twists and waves her hand like she's royalty waving at an audience.  It's the strangest, yet cutest little movement.  It only started 2 days ago so I'm not too sure what it's all about but I find it incredibly cute nevertheless.
  • Lately people have been asking me if Lily has a cough and I have to explain that no, she doesn't have a cough at all - it's simply her way of saying "Hey, I'm trying to get your attention!"  It's almost like whenever she wants to communicate, out comes this forced coughing sound.  I haven't heard any other babies making that sound so it's definitely unique to my baby.
  • Whenever Lily smiles at someone, she scrunches up her little nose and opens her mouth wide!  It looks like the cheekiest little grin and I could just eat her right up!
  • Lily's slowly starting to notice when someone new is holding her.  Usually she's relatively happy going to strangers, but some days, she just wants her mom or her dad and no-one else.  I have to say I love the fact that she feels secure and wants her mommy.
  • I'm so proud of the fact that Lily is still loving her veggies!  She took to gem squash straight away and has happily moved on to both pumpkin and baby marrow.  I'm looking forward to introducing carrot next.
And these are the milestones and little moments that fill our happy days!

Cheeky little grin!

3 comments:

  1. Oh those are all too sweet memories recorded - cannot believe they are both almost 6 months! Definitely little personalities emerging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute how she laughs at the dog, aaaw!
    Lily is just precious.
    Love the cheeky grin!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    Karen, you're right, I cannot believe that she's almost 6 months already. It's so sad how quickly time flies yet it's exciting to see their personalities emerging.

    Jess, enjoy every single second with Mia because as you can tell, they grow so very quickly.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete