Monday, October 18, 2010

First day at the beach

Yesterday was truly one of the most beautiful days in Cape Town.  The sea was like a lake, absolutely still.  So, hubby and I decided to take Lily for a walk along the beach in her pram.  It was the first time that it was actually warm enough to dress Lily in her more summery clothes so she was dressed in her cute little red shorts and white and red top from Granny Gail.  Too precious seeing her edible little legs and feet sticking out for a change.

Before heading off to the beach
We decided to stop at a secluded little bay and to take Lily down to the sea.  Now, living on the Atlantic Ocean side of the world, the sea is freezing, freezing cold so I didn't quite know what Lily's reaction would be to us dipping her feet into the water...  Well, it did NOT go well!  As her little toes touched down, out came a loud scream!  Daddy did the deed so he quickly walked back to me hoping she would stop crying and avert attention away from us again.  Luckily the crying didn't last too long.  So her first experience of the sea wasn't the greatest, but I'm sure in time to come this will change.

We didn't introduce Lily to the sand just yet as we don't have all the right equipment.  I'm going to buy her a beach tent this week so she will be more sheltered from the sun and we can therefore spend longer down at the beach.  I'm looking forward to it!

Here are some pictures from our day out:

Beautiful view of the ocean and Table Mountain
Please don't put my feet into the water again!
With my daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment