Monday, September 13, 2010

The Mullet

Wikipedia describes the Mullet as the following:

"The mullet is a hairstyle that is shorter at the front and sides, and long in the back.  Often ridiculed as a lowbrow and unappealing hairstyle, the mullet began to appear in popular media in the 1960s and 1970s but did not become generally well-known until the early 1980s."

As you can see from the description above, the Mullet thankfully died a well-deserved death 30 years ago and hopefully it won't be returning any time soon.  Due to the fact that it is without doubt, one of the least appealing hairstyles around, I was starting to grow concerned when I noticed that my precious daughter's hair was starting to take on Mullet-like proportions!  I spoke to hubby and his reaction was "no, you can't cut her hair, she's too small" so I left it for a while longer, trying to brush the lengthy back pieces straight down into the nape of her neck so it would be hidden by her shirt or baby grow!

After chatting about my concern with some other baby mommies, they all agreed that cute little Lily couldn't possibly continue to go out in public with her Mullet and that it had to go!  So this morning I'm happy to say that I took the plunge and snipped it away.  I know Lily will thank me in years to come!

The Mullet prior to the snip!




 After the snip!

No comments:

Post a Comment