Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 months old

Our precious little baby is 2 months old today.  Yet again, I cannot believe that he has already been in our lives for 2 months... It seems just like the other day I was in the hospital waiting anxiously to meet him, yet on the other hand, I can't picture our lives without him.

As of 5 days ago, Zac was weighing a healthy 4.5kg.  Even though he was sick and didn't gain weight for 2 weeks, he is still looking healthy and definitely not on the skinny side.  His little legs and bum have definitely grown some additional padding and aren't as skinny as they were when he was born.  His size 1 nappies are getting more and more snug, but I'm determined to finish the last few I have lying around before moving onto size 2's.  I think he is quite a tall baby as his clothes are definitely more fitting in length than width and sadly, I had to pack away all his newborn items over the weekend.  He is now definitely size 1-3 months even though the arms are still a little too long.

It would appear that Zac has definitely "turned the corner" from crying, moaning, niggly baby to content, happy, smiley baby.  I don't want to hold my breath but for the last 4 days, he has definitely been a changed little baba and much less work for mommy.  I can focus on Lily while leaving him to sit in his little rocking chair or he happily sits on Ritah's back while I get dressed and get ready for the day.  When I hold him now I can enjoy his little smiles, his gorgeous little face and stare into his big, beautilful eyes.  My word does he have long, thick eyelashes for such a small little person!

Zac, you're my little prince and I love you more than words can ever express.  You complete our little family perfectly and I look forward to watching you grow into the precious little person I know you're going to become (and already are).  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment