Thursday, March 1, 2012

A big day!

Tomorrow we are all heading off to Johannesburg for my cousin's wedding.  My parents, sister, brother-in-law, niece, hubby and of course Lily will all be on the same flight.  As I've mentioned before, Lily is obsessed with planes and helicopters so I cannot wait to see how she reacts to the large "eloplanes" at the "e-port"!  I am actually quite excited about our morning at the airport waiting for our flight.

I am however, rather anxious about the rest of the weekend.  Firstly, hubby, Lily and I will be sharing a room for the first time.  I don't know how the sleeping is going to go - I can only hope and pray it goes well.  Lily's dad is known to snore every now and then and apparently, during this pregnancy, so have I!  So I sincerely hope we don't disturb her... Perhaps some Aterax "assistance" will be necessary?  I am going armed and prepared!

Secondly, I'm anxious about the actual wedding.  Lily is an extremely busy little toddler and will most certainly not sit still during the ceremony and speeches.  Hubby and I have decided to take turns with the babysitting so at least one of us gets to enjoy part of the ceremony and part of the speeches.  We will have to have Lily with us throughout the evening, but luckily our accommodation is at the venue so as soon as things get out of hand or too late for our little munckin, one of us will go back to our room with her.

So holding thumbs, this weekend isn't TOO busy like I envisage it being...

No comments:

Post a Comment