Friday, March 16, 2012

35 week scan

On Monday we had yet another scan - we have now "graduated" from a once a month scan to a biweekly doctor visit.  Little Boy Aufrichtig is still very much in the breech position with his head comfortably inbetween the top of my ribs with his little legs giving mommy a few hard pelvic kicks every now and then!  So due to the position still being unfavourable for a natural birth, our c-section date is still on the 12th April at around 8am...

The doctor always mentions the fact that our son has a significant sized head which he attributes to his intelligence.  He also said he is now weighing around 2.3kg and has given a slightly lower estimate on his birth weight of around 3.1-3.2kg.  I won't hold him to that estimation though as Lily's estimated birth weight was far lowe than she actually was in the end.  I suppose weight estimation based on a few simple measurements (head, abdomin and legs) aren't an exact science and only time will tell how much he in fact does weigh.

I am feeling pretty good for an 8 month pregnant woman which I'm truly grateful for.  I did have an episode where my lower back was aching, but it lasted a day, nothing a reflexology session couldn't rectify.  I still have my energy and haven't slowed down at all.  I suppose having a toddler doesn't allow for any rest anyway so I'm truly grateful for the fact that my body is keeping up!

Whenever I tell people I have 4 weeks to go they always say that I look tiny for someone so far along in her pregnancy.  People said the same thing when I was pregnant with Lily.  It used to scare me during my first pregnancy as I was concerned about how well Lily was in fact growing, but as it turned out she was an absolutely fine size, so this time I'm not letting the comments get to me - I just obviously carry well or carry small babies! 

My baby shower is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to an afternoon of just relaxing and chatting to good friends.  It is our time to celebrate the imminent arrival of our precious baby boy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment