Thursday, March 1, 2012

33 week scan

Our little guy now weighs an estimated 1.8kg!  He is still very much in the breech position and the doctor still highly doubts he will be turning.  With this news, I decided to book my c-section date to ensure I am his first patient of the day and thankfully he operates in the mornings.  So instead of waiting ALL day like I did for Lily's arrival (she arrived just before 5pm), I should be a mommy for the second time by about 8:30/9am on Thursday, 12th April 2012.  That is exactly 6 weeks from today.

Should he turn by some miracle in the interim obviously we will reassess the situation for a natural birth.  The doctor doesn't seem convinced that this is going to happen.

So although to everyone else this pregnancy seems to have flown by, it definitely hasn't for me.  I think for the expectant mom, you definitely know that you've been pregnant for 33 weeks and as per usual, the last trimester seems to take the longest!  I am getting more and more excited to meet my little boy, but I'm also making note to enjoy all the hours of sleep I'm getting as I realise they will soon be coming to an end... at least for a little while!  But I honestly am more excited to have him in my arms than I am about having decent sleep.  I can't wait to see who he looks like and to start our lives as a family of four.

1 comment:

  1. Once again beautiful writing - we too can't wait to meet him. Love you all lots

    ReplyDelete