Friday, March 9, 2012

Another busy weekend

After a very busy wedding weekend last week, we have yet another wedding this weekend as well!  However, this time, it isn't family, it is an old friend of hubby's who hasn't included children at his wedding.  Fair enough - I didn't want children at my wedding either and it will be more enjoyable just being the two of us without having to run around after Lily, but I just hate the thought of having to leave her behind...

Yes, she is being left with her wonderful grandparents who she absolutely adores so I have no doubt that she will be more than ecstatic with the arrangment, but it is me who has the issues.  Firstly, I have terrible separation anxiety and hate leaving Lily for too long.  I miss her SO much!  Secondly, I know it is a morbid thought, but it is one I'm sure all mothers have... What happens to Lily should something happen to hubby and I on the long 4 or 5 hour journey to and from the wedding?

When Lily was smaller, we asked hubby's brother and sister-in-law to be Lily's guardians in the unlikely event that something should happen to us.  I know they would love her and take good care of her, but the thought of her having to go to them at this stage of her life truly upsets me as she doesn't really know them.  Comparing how happy and content she is with my parents just makes me feel like she should go to them.  I have spoken to hubby and although he agrees that Lily would be happier at this stage of her life with my parents, he thinks it is wiser to let her go to his brother as they are young, can provide for her and will no doubt love her... 

It is honestly the worst thing to have to think about, but I sincerely hope that should something happen to hubby and I and Lily were to be left in this world without us, that my parents would be allowed to hold onto her for a while and slowly introduce her to my brother and sister-in-law.  I would also hope that my parents and my sister would be fully and totally involved in her life as they no doubt love her so very much. 

These are the the things I've been thinking about this week and as a result have been feeling very emotional about it all.  This wedding and weekend cannot end fast enough with our safe return home to our little angel pie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment