Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1 month left of being a "baby" : (

Once again I'm left thinking "where has the time flown?"...  I cannot believe that the tiny little baby that was placed in my arms just yesterday (well it feels like yesterday) is a month away from having her first birthday and advancing into the toddler age group. 

I have mixed emotions about this.  Firstly, I am elated and proud about the fact that hubby and I have produced an amazing little human being who we love immensely, completely infatuated by her every little motion and gesture, totally captivated by every single one of her milestone achievements. However, I am so extremely emotional (just getting the tissues as I type) that my precious little baby is growing up so quickly.  It's strange how nature works making our memories of our babies being so tiny seem to blur.  I mean I can remember those first few weeks of having a newborn baby, but how tiny she was, how small her little fingers were, how fragile she felt... all those memories are no longer vivid.  I try to concentrate on remembering those moments with as much clarity as possible but I seem to be fighting a losing battle.  It is due to this battle that I'm truly grateful for the little invention called the "camera"!  Capturing all the memories that our human selves cannot hold on to.

At 11 months old, Lily is still toothless, leaving me to wonder when on earth they will finally make their appearance.  She has mastered the "all 4's" crawling technique and very seldom resorts to her sliding method any longer.  She has now learned and understands the meaning of "ta" - often handing me a toy or gadget she has found with an accompanied "ta".  It just melts my heart!  She no longer likes mommy to just feed her her food, she wants to feed herself.  I have resorted to giving her a little bit of food to feed herself while I try to sneakily feed her in between the mess she happily makes.  She absolutely loves blueberries which I must admit, she feeds herself really well - no mess at all.  They are my saving grace while trying to feed her her other food!  Lily has also learned how to kiss and every now and then, she will make her "kissing noise" and lean in for a little wet touching of lips - my absolute best!

I'm going to fully enjoy this last month of Lily's official "baby months" (as I do all the months) and take as many photographs and update this blog as much as I possibly can.  Because I know as the days pass, so will the memories start to blur and I want to remember every single little thing she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment