Monday, December 13, 2010

7 month clinic visit

Being a mommy, I am always concerned about whether I'm doing things properly so I was relieved that the time finally arrived for your 7 and a half month check at the clinic.  I was so happy that we got to see Sister Barbara, an elderly, but highly experienced nursing sister, who is always so insightful and has the ability to put this concerned mom's mind at ease.

I was debating how much weight Lily had gained and was pleasantly surprised that she hadn't actually gained as much as I had thought.  At 7.5 months, she weighs 7.5kg (how coincidental!), her length is 67cm and her head circumference is 45.2cm.  To think that when she was 1 week old, she was 2.8kg, 50cm tall and her little head was only 35cm.  My baby is getting so big!

I asked Sister Barbara if I am feeding Lily too much as she doesn't often turn her head away and seems to have a very healthy (sometimes overly so!) appetite. To my relief the answer was no and that Lily looks perfectly healthy and happy.  Sister Barbara was also very impressed with the fact that I am still breastfeeding and doesn't disagree at all with the fact that I use the boob to get Lily to sleep - in fact, she said that mother's milk is the best sleep aid.  Perfect, another thing that I'm doing right!  And lastly, she recommended for mommy that I get some Floradix Liquid Iron to get my energy levels up so that I'm not so tired at night and can be a better wife to my desperate husband!  So all in all, we had a great check at the clinic and we all left very happy!

Our next visit is at the end of January for Lily's 9 month check and an immunisation.  As much as I look forward to the clinic visits so I can get my questions answered and Lily weighed, I'm really not looking forward to them sticking that nasty needle into my precious baby's leg.  It just breaks my heart.  I'm thinking of telling hubby that this visit is his turn to do!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent news and update! The Floradix Liquid Iron is also excellent for babies (Ann Richardson of Baby and Toddler Sense actually endorses the product)and forever giving away samples at their Seminars. It is the only Iron supplement that I know of on the market that does not constipate either. Best place to get it is at Dischem - expensive at I think nearly R200 a bottle but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure my husband will pay R2,000 a bottle if it's going to get my energy levels up ;)

    Thanks for the comments Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again your writing is so wonderful and as we have said before, what a wonderful gift to our VERY precious Lily. Love you lots xxx

    Hope they get your Floradix soon. xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete