Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012!

Another year that has just flown by in what feels like an instant. I can't believe that we are now officially in the year 2012, the year that is to be filled with life changing, exciting, challenging and please G-d, happy and healthy times. This year our family is set to grow, our house is also due to increase in size and the number of Hertz's living in Cape Town is also increasing. I can't wait!

At the moment my 20 month old daughter is truly the cutest! She astonishes me daily with her little antics, how incredibly bright she is, the new words she uses and how determined she can be (at times rather trying!). Her latest enfatuation is with my iPad. As soon as she wakes up in the morning she wants it, asks for it and is totally engrossed in operating it. I can't believe how a 20 month old knows exactly how to operate a technological gadget, a gadget that many adults have difficulty with. She slides her finger across the screen to open up the applications, touches any 'x' to close an advertising screen and knows exactly which app she wants to play. Truly astonishing! I quite like the fact that the iPad provides such entertainment, especially while I'm trying to prepare dinner or when I need a few minutes coffee break!

Lily was weighed recently and still hasn't broken the 11kg mark. She is almost there though at 10.9kg. She is slowly fitting into her size 18-24 months clothes although the majority of them are a little too big. She is still comfortable in her size 4+ Pampers Nappies and is still in between a size 3 and 4 shoe (tiny feet). Detailing these statistics makes me wonder how her brother is going to grow in comparison... I have a feeling he is going to be a little bigger than his sister. Obviously I have no idea why I say that, just a feeling I have.

Some cute things to note that Lily is saying: Uncle Willie (Rollie) is the flavor of the month - she loves him! Baby Noa is referred to as Nonie; she still says Gig Gig for Granny and Gig Ga for Grandpa; she can count to 10 but often forgets 8 for some reason; she attempts to copy everything you say to her even if the pronunciation is completely inaccurate. She loves Harley and Bella and often goes up to them for licks, sometimes lying on the floor next to them.

Her sleeping is still GREAT! Loving the uninterrupted nights and the nice lunch time breaks I get. Making sure I enjoy them before the new baba arrives. Her eating however is atrocious to say the least! I'm really nervous her lack of nutrition is going to result in scurvy at this rate! I am persevering though and hope this fussiness will soon be a thing of the past.

Otherwise here's hoping 2012 will be filled with much love, laughter, happiness, health and wealth for our little family, my parents, Lauren and Roland and my hubby's family. Looking forward to all that awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment