Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Zac's sleep issues - update

I am exhausted... I have not had a decent night's sleep for almost 10 months - the same amount of time that our little Zac arrived in this world.  I most certainly haven't been blessed with a naturally great sleeping baby and have realised that unfortunately something needs to be done in order to get a good night's rest for both my precious Zac and myself.

I consulted with Lynn Woods and have implemented all her suggestions.  I changed his diet, increased his protein portions, changed his sleep schedule and all to no avail.  No change whatsoever.  Much to my disappointment, I think the only way forward is to do sleep training but I can't help feeling cruel with him being so very tiny.  I can't explain why mommy is leaving him to cry nor can I negotiate with him. It is going to be hard, but I've reached the point where I can't continue without sleep for much longer.

Unfortunately our little man is sick at the moment - we are off to the doctor this morning to find out why he is fighting such high temperatures.  Once he is better and if his sleep remains atrocious, we will have to venture into the world of sleep training.  Fingers crossed, holding thumbs, and wishing and willing with all my might that perhaps a miracle will take place before I have to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment