Thursday, January 24, 2013

School days 2, 3 and 4

After such a wonderful first day at school, I was weary of what awaited for day number two now that Lily knew the drill that I would be leaving her there and collecting her later.  Luckily for me, she was a superstar, asking to be taken to school from almost the moment she woke up!  She happily waved goodbye as I left and spent the whole day at school without a care in the world.  Apparently she did ask where I was a couple of times, but other than that, she did exceptionally well.

THEN came day number three, or as it is commonly known, the "Third Day Syndrome".  Lily started to get clingy and teary when I started with my farewells.  Eventually she was clinging to me like a baby monkey and the teacher had to pry her off me so I could leave.  It is heartwrenching walking out that door when your little precious baby is begging and pleading for you to stay.  The screams and "mommy" calls just pull at your heartstrings and it takes all your might to actually carry on walking away.

Thankfully, the principle of the school sent me a text message literally 2 minutes later to say that Lily was over it and was back to her usual self.  Phew, relief... Then came day number 4, today, and the same thing happened.  My little angel was reluctant for me to leave and again had to be taken away by the teacher while tears streamed down her little cheeks.  Enough to make me want to run back to her and give her a comforting love and cuddles.  But as I was driving out, another mom who was still in the classroom when I left stopped me to tell me that after less than a minute, she was absolutely fine again.  She had her bunny and her dummy and was content.  The school then phoned me an hour later to also let me know that all is one hundred percent fine.  So no more worries for me!

I hope the morning tears soon fade away as I know Lily is really enjoying her first few days at school.  I'm so exceptionally proud of her - she manages the entire day without any tears and seems to be flourishing and joining in with all the activities.  My precious little angel... getting so big...

No comments:

Post a Comment