Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The day is drawing near...

My precious little baby's first day of school is drawing near...  Every time I think about taking her to her classroom and leaving her behind, my heart literally wants to explode and my eyes well up with tears.  I am so not looking forward to Monday (5 more sleeps).  If she cries when I say goodbye it is going to kill me.  My poor baby is quite a shy little pumpkin who takes a while to warm to situations and crowds, how is she going to cope without me there - I'm always with her and now it is time to let go...  I think this is possibly going to be a harder transition for me than it will be for her.

I came across this little prayer and thought it so apt:
Today we had orientation at the school and Lily had a wonderful time.  She seemed to warm towards her new teacher, Morah Stacey, and loved playing with the new toys and all the puzzles on the maths table.  At the end when we went to say goodbye she happily gave Stacey a hug and kiss goodbye which was lovely to see.  I can only wish that Monday goes as well as orientation did today.  Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck for Lily's new adventure Mel.

    I'm sure all will work out just fine.

    Good luck and let us know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the tears are pouring down Dad and my faces now, how we hope and pray our precious little pumpkin enjoys her day and that she knows just how much she is LOVED. Love you very much too Mellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw gosh Mel, I hope tomorrow goes well for both you and Lily!
    What a wonderful lil poem, gives me tears in my eyes.
    Good luck! Thinking of you!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete