Thursday, November 8, 2012

Shedding the post-pregnancy weight

This is proving to be an exceptionally slow, frustrating and disappointing task.  I do realise that it took 9 months to gain the weight and it will take some time to come off, but trying to squeeze myself into my pre-pregnancy clothes is a constant reminder that I'm carrying extra weight and am a few kg's off being back to "me".  Don't get me wrong - my pre-pregnancy clothes are fitting me, they are just a little snug in the upper thigh and waist where they used to be loose fitting.  I am guestimating that I have about a minimum of 5kg to lose before I'm more comfortable and boy are these a stubborn few kilograms!

So as of Monday, 5th November, I decided I needed to be a little more strict with what I put into my mouth.  This body of mine doesn't shed weight easily and it gains 10kg just by looking at a slice of cake so I have to be rather careful!

I have done really well with only a little slip of a few wine gums on Wednesday evening.  I've had the following menu for the last 4 days:

Breakfast:  Woolworths 150g yoghurt or 2 x eggs
Lunch:  4 x corn thins with cream cheese and jam (jam is my small indulgence - perhaps a move to bovril is a better option...)
Snack:  Nuts or biltong
Dinner:  A mixture of fish / chicken / lamb chops with salad or roast vegetables
Snack:  Milk coffee

I'm also making a concerted effort to increase my water intake.  I find in winter that my water consumption takes a huge dive, but now with the weather warming up, I have no excuse!  So as a result, I'm running to the toilet far more often too which is a little frustrating.

I haven't had the guts to weigh myself as of yet but I'm guestimating my weight.  As soon as I start to feel that my clothes are a little looser, I will definitely take the plunge and look at the number!  I've been looking through my honeymoon photographs and my aim is to get back to that - obviously getting to the gym with 2 babies with me constantly isn't easy so I'm putting off going to the gym until the new year when Lily starts school and I can leave Zac with Ritah while I get an hour's workout session in.  I'm actually seriously considering getting a personal trainer again just like before our wedding - added pressure and motivation.  No excuses when you're paying for a service and someone's watching your every move!

So... now that I've written down in black and white my intentions I suppose there's no going back!  To looking like this again in 2013:

Just one thing though... Having my 2 kids and the resulting body changes is SO worth it! I wouldn't change it for the world!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love those pics of u Mel, u look stunning in them!
    That's a strict eating plan, I'd never manage that, sob sob! Good luck!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is rather strict, but I'm managing for now :) I'm not going to eat like that every day, but it has been the eating plan for this week. The weekend will be different :)

      Thanks for the compliments re the pics - they were taken on honeymoon after 8 months of strict eating and gyming with a personal trainer!

      Delete
    2. Eeeek @ 8 months of strict eating and personal trainer gym, I wouldn't survive! LOL! Good luck Mel, I know u're gonna get to where u want to be really really soon!! You already look fabulous.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Aaah thanks Jess, you're too sweet xxx

    ReplyDelete