Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I can't help but ask why?

I know some would say that one shouldn't question "why" things happen in this world and to just accept that things in life happen, but I cannot help but question why a helpless, tiny little innocent soul was taken from this world yesterday.  Friends of my husband lost their little boy to a cancerous brain tumour.  He was just little over a year old.  I heard the news last night and have been full of emotions ever since - it has really hit home for me having 2 small little precious angels myself.

I don't know the family very well, but, like us, they too have an older daughter and then of course Lucas, their baby boy.  I'm not 100% sure of his age, but from what I can gather, he was about 14 months old.  Upon hearing the news I happen to have a sleeping Zac in my arms and after reading the Facebook messages and photographs of a once happy, healthy baby boy, it was just too much for me.  As I type this I am crying yet again.  Why did such an innocent little angel have to suffer and endure the pain he most certainly was exposed to?  What was the purpose of his short little life?  I wish I had the answers - I know his parents most certainly wish for that too.  I cannot begin to imagine the heartache and pain they must be going through.  Truly devastating.

This blog is usually upbeat, sometimes comedic and often nostalgic, but never sad, but I had to put down my feelings as this has truly affected me in the last 24 hours.  I have been giving Lily and Zac extra added attention and additional squeezes and hugs today.  I want to protect them from this sometimes cruel and sad world, I never want them to know pain, hurt or heartache.  I wish I could wrap them in bubble wrap and always hide them from the horrors out there.  If only life were so simple...


No comments:

Post a Comment