Monday, November 12, 2012

7 months today

Another month has literally flown by and my baby is 7 months old.  This morning I had Zac on his little changing mat on my makeshift changing station on the dining room table and I just cuddled, giggled and watched him in awe.  I can't take in enough of my little boy - I want to take memory snap shots so as not to forget that precise moment staring into each other's eyes.  I know with Lily that it is easy to forget how small they were, when they conquered new milestones... life just gets so busy that it's easy to forget.  That's why I really just enjoyed those few precious moments of looking into each other's eyes, taking in the beautiful giggle sounds, gorgeous smiles, heartmelting stares.  I wish our minds had a rewind and replay button that we could switch whenever we wanted... I suppose that's what video cameras and cameras are for - best keep them at the ready!

Zac, sometimes I still can't believe that I've been blessed with a gorgeous, happy little boy.  As I've said before, I am such a girly girl and only figured I'd be blessed with baby girls, but along you came and boy have you changed my world.  I'm meant to be your mom and am just loving being a mommy to you my precious angel!  I'm totally and utterly addicted to your snuggles, your smell and your contagious smile.  You're still such a happy little guy, content to play on your own on your mat or in your cot.  You're finding things intriguing now and will stretch to get your hands on what you're after.  Once you have your desired item, you immediately put it into your mouth to taste and explore, often stopping for a moment to stare at it in absolute wonderment.

You're so much more mobile these days, rolling all over the place!  I put you on your mat on the floor and often find you way under the coffee table or on the other side of the lounge.  You aren't crawling yet, but you're definitely mobile from sliding backwards (yes, you can crawl backwards on your stomach I suppose you could say!) or literally rolling over and over to the other side of the room.  You're definitely not like your sister when it comes to rolling - she didn't roll over much at all, but you're a huge fan, continuously rolling your way around.

You are a fantastic eater, eating everything I give to you.  You eat quite significant portions too!  You're growing beautifully and are on par with your clothing size for your age - slowly moving into your 6-12 months items.  You are still in a size 3 nappy but I don't think you'll be a size 3 for too much longer.  I have the size 4's ready for you after this last size 3 pack finishes... Hope they fit!

All in all you absolutely light up our lives and are a true blessing who we love more than words could describe.  I'm so complete with my 2 precious angels and continue to love watching you both grow and become the cute little people you are.  Love you forever my angel xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ah Mellie, so beautifully written yet again, really brings tears to our eyes. You have really been blessed with two precious babies and beliee me, they have been blessed with the bestest Mommy ever.
    We love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete