Monday, February 13, 2012

30 week scan

Today I went to my first scan on my own.  My hubby was extremely hectic at work so I convinced him that this scan would be absolutely routine and ultimately healthy so he wasn't to worry and that he could join me at all the others.  Thankfully, as predicted, the scan was perfect.  Our little man is growing perfectly and weighs between 1.4 and 1.6kg.  He is a big baby compared to his little sister who at this stage of pregnancy was just on 1kg.

He is still lying very much in a breech position and typically, like many breech babies, he has quite a large round head.  I'm assuming this is because his head isn't squashed lying down in my pelvis where it should be or due to the large brain our clever little boy is growing :)  Either way, the doctor still highly doubts there will be any change in his position, leaving me with punches under my right ribs and not feeling as much activity as I was feeling due to his legs almost pushing backwards towards my spine.

Due to the breech position, we are almost 100% looking at another c-section delivery.  I'm happy with that though - I'm comfortable with what the doctor recommends and what's ultimately healthier for both baby and myself.  I need to come through all of it for my little family as healthily as I went into the birth.  Thinking about this does get me rather emotional though... When I had Lily, I was so relaxed, totally excited about meeting my little girl and I honestly had no care in the world.  I wasn't nervous, anxious or scared.  However, when I think about going into theatre for this birth, I find myself getting quite overwhelmed.  I think I will be scared for Daniel, and especially for Lily.  I want to always be here for her and just hope and pray that all goes as planned during my operation.  As I said, I need to come out of this whole experience the same way I ventured into it - a healthy and happy mommy!

I know all will go well and am excited to meet my little man.  He is definitely giving us no preview of what he looks like though and definitely wants the surprise to wait until his arrival.  We tried to see him on the 3D scan on two occasions and due to his position, we couldn't get anything close to a decent picture.  So we will have to wait and see - a day short of 2 months left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment