Monday, December 5, 2011

My 2 pregnancies so far

I thought I would do a little comparison of my pregnancy with Lily and my pregnancy with her baby brother up to this stage:

The dreaded weight gain:
I started off heavier with Lily than I did with this pregnancy, however, I'm definitely putting on weight faster this time round. I essentially weighed 2kg less at the start of this pregnancy than I weighed at the start of my first pregnancy, but at almost 21 weeks, I weigh exactly the same as I did with Lily.  To date I have gained a dreaded 6kg and hope it slows down!  However, having said that, this is probably my last pregnancy so I kind of have the mindset of why not enjoy it, eat the delicious foods I usually avoid as I'm going to gain weight anyway!  I can worry about it once the baby has arrived.

Maternity clothes:
With both pregnancies I have been relatively lucky in the fact that I've carried small.  I think both of my babies like to lie in my bum area versus the traditional stomach, but as a result, I haven't had to wear maternity clothes too early in my pregnancy.  With Lily my clothes started getting snug at around 22 weeks, however, the first time I wore any actual maternity clothes, I was 24 weeks pregnant.  This pregnancy has found my clothes getting tighter much quicker at around the 19 week mark and today, just 2 days shy of 21 weeks, I am wearing my comfortable maternity jeans.  I don't know what it is that makes me reluctant to relent and wear the more comfy pregnancy clothing - perhaps vanity?  I have now realised I would rather be comfortable than walking around in this heat, pulling in a stomach that doesn't react to being pulled in and having to unbutton my pants every time I sit down!

Baby movement:
With Lily I only began to feel movement at around 18 weeks, whereas with this pregnancy, I felt the first flutters at about 16 weeks.  They say that this is usually the case with the second pregnancy as you know what to feel for.

How I've been feeling:
With both my pregnancies I was exceptionally nauseous during the first trimester, although I didn't actually vomited.  I also went off meat and chicken entirely and craved carbohydrates which my doctor said is best for the nausea.  Obviously my body knew that!  The nausea, if I remember correctly, seemed to last longer in my first pregnancy than my second, however, my second pregnancy has seen me being far more agitated and exhausted.  Perhaps it is due to me looking after a toddler whereas I could relax and take things easy during my pregnancy with Lily.  I also remember suffering from back pain during my first trimester with Lily - something I've gratefully been spared this time around.  My hubby seems to think I'm far moodier this time round than I was with Lily... This is something I don't care to confirm or deny :)

Otherwise, I don't see too many distinct differences in these pregnancies despite the fact that I'm expecting a different sex this time round.  I pray that this pregnancy continues to go smoothly and echoes my first pregnancy in terms of my health, the baby's health and my overall well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment