Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Damn mosquitoes!

It is that time of year again when the wind, sunshine and heat arrives and along with all those weather elements, comes the dreaded mosquitoes.  Last year Lily was bitten by mosquitoes and had horrendous outbreaks on her little face.  Now, two days ago, she was bitten again and has come out in severe welts on both her little arms and her one leg!  Poor baby looks terrible and so incredibly sore and itchy!

I took her to the doctor this morning and we got a prescription for a steroid syrup to alleviate the itchiness and to hopefully reduce the swelling.  I also got an anti histamine to help with any discomfort.  Luckily I haven't noticed her scratching too much, however, just before I put her down for her midday nap, I saw her scratching at the one welt on the bottom of her little leg.  My heart just aches for her!  I wish I could take it all away and have the mosquitoes biting me instead.

Needless to say, her mosquito net is now back over her cot, her insect repellent stickers are stuck on her cot's panels and I'm off to the shop to buy some more Target spray for the passage outside her room.  I'm nuking these damn mosquitoes with a vengeance!

Proof of the severe reaction my baby experienced :(

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could trade places, it is heartbreaking to see this, poor precious baby

    ReplyDelete