Monday, September 10, 2012

Lily's 1st haircut

Lily's hair is often a topic of conversation... From strangers admiring her gorgeous curls to mommy's frustration with the morning struggle to get a brush through it!  This mom, with dead straight hair, also frequently comments on how she managed to produce a child with Shirley Temple type ringlets?!  Nevertheless, we have loved watching her hair grow over the months and have been exceptionally reluctant to put a pair of scissors near it.

However, the time had come to give Lily's unruly ends a neat trim and I placed her on the bathroom counter with her iPad so I could try to avoid any protests.  Lily wasn't too happy about me putting the scissors so close to her head and gave a few whimpers before getting lost in her iPad much to my relief.  Unfortunately, I am by no means a professional hairstylist and with Lily facing sideways, I think I may have ended up giving her a lopsided hairdo!  Thankfully her curls hide a multitude of hair cutting sins so no-one is the wiser.

I must admit that it was quite sad cutting away at her baby curls - another reminder that my baby is growing up so quickly and at 28 months it was time for a neatening up.  So here's to the first haircut of many more to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, our very precious little Lilypie and her beautiful curly locks......she is just the most precious pumpkin ever and we love her more than we ever thought would be possible xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete