Friday, August 17, 2012

Another milestone

After precisely 18 weeks of sleeping right next to me in his moses basket, Zac moved into his own room and into his cot.  It was bittersweet for me - "bitter" in that my baby is growing and is now big enough to be in his own bed, that little bit further away from his mommy; "bitter" in the fact that, as plans stand at this moment (and who knows, they could change), this is the last baby this mommy will have sleeping next to her in the moses basket; "bitter" that although 18 weeks sounds like a decent length of time, it doesn't seem long enough for him to be away from me...

However, it is "sweet" in that I get hubby back in my bed with me at night.  I've missed him;  "sweet" in that Zac is now officially connected to the monitor and breathing pad so we have peace of mind that he is sleeping peacefully;  "sweet" in that things are getting back to "normal" and that we are slowly finding out little family routine.

It wasn't the best night in terms of sleep and rest.  Zac woke up unexpectantly at 10h30, just as I'd fallen into a deep sleep so I raced to his room so as not to disturb Lily.  He then woke up at 02h20, 04h40 and then was ready to start his day at 05h40.  So I'm a little on the tired side again today.  I have a feeling he is going through a growth spurt and perhaps he is needing that little extra nourishment apart from breastmilk to see him sleep through the night again...  Even though this may be the case, I'm still waiting another month to introduce solids so I will just have to grin and bear the sleep deprivation.  It could always be worse ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment