Thursday, April 5, 2012

37.5 week scan

My hubby was a little crazy at work on Monday so couldn't join me for our scan, so instead, I took my parents along.  The reason for this was two-fold, namely to see their new little grandson and also for them to watch Lily while the doctor conducted the scan. 

As I'd thought, Lily was not happy with the doctor touching her mommy and sadly sobbed while sitting on granny's lap.  Shame, she really didn't enjoy the whole procedure one little bit and was really and truly upset by it all.  Poor little thing...

With the baby being so much larger now, the scans aren't all that detailed so the only thing my parents actually recognised was the sound of the heartbeat!  All the doctor measures during these last few weeks of pregnancy is the baby's head circumference, stomach circumference and the legs in order to get an estimation of the baby's weight which was around 3.0 - 3.1kg.  The doctor still reckons Baby Boy Aufrichtig will weigh between 3.2-3.3kg at birth - bigger than his sister.

So as of today, we are officially less than a week away from meeting our little boy.  This time next week, I will be holding him in my arms and he will be around 5 hours old... Hard to imagine.  I'm a bundle of emotions (thanks to pregnancy... well I blame pregnancy!).  I am super excited to meet him, however I'm also quite alright with him not rushing to make his appearance into the world so I can enjoy my sleep some more!  I'm nervous and anxious that all will be okay - he must breath perfectly when he is delivered, have 10 fingers and 10 toes and just be 100% healthy.  I'm dreading leaving Lily (as I've said a few times!) so am not looking forward to being away from her for 3 nights and 4 days.  There are just so many emotions running through me at the moment...  Far more complicated than my first pregnancy, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. As per usual, your writing is so beautiful....we love reading these blogs, your two babies are very fortunate to have such a wonderful warm, loving, incredible mommy.
    We love you more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete