Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Exciting news!

A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with CIN Lesions by my gynecologist and was told I needed an operation the following week to investigate and remove them if necessary.  My gut instinct told me to perhaps just check that I wasn't in fact pregnant prior to going under anesthetic.  Even though my hubby and I weren't actively trying to fall pregnant, we had decided not to "be careful" any more so therefore the possibility was there.

I went for blood tests 2 days before the scheduled operation and received a call from my doctor 2 hours after my blood test confirming that I was in fact pregnant!  I was both shocked and ecstatic!  Obviously the doctor could no longer operate but he is going to be keeping an eye on the lesion situation.  If necessary, the operation will be done after the birth.

Today was our very first scan.  I was nervous, apprehensive and excited.  The first scan is always uncomfortable being an internal scan, but you get over that when you finally see that teeny tiny little bean's heartbeat on the monitor.  It is so incredibly tiny - it is hard to believe that Lily was that little tiny creature so many months ago.

So the doctor confirmed that all looks healthy and normal.  I am officially 6 weeks and 5 days along and due on the 19th April 2012, nine days before Lily's 2nd birthday.  Here's to our April little angels!  I can't believe that Lily is going to be an older sister!  We are truly, truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Mellie, you and Daniel are truly blessed and Dad and I can't be more grateful for Lily, the number one blessing in our lives and we look forward to meeting Lily's little sibling and of course her little cousin due in the next 11 weeks. Wow, we truly have so much to be grateful for. Thank you so much for bringing so much joy into our lives.
    We love you so very much. xxxxx
    PS. Pulls at the heartstrings when one thinks of Lily not being the baby anymore. xx

    ReplyDelete