Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The busy-ness of life

As you can see from the date, I haven't posted in a while.  Life has just been rather busy with a toddler who sometimes decides that an afternoon sleep is no longer required, hence my time at the PC is seriously limited.  I have tried to use the computer with Lily present, only to have her climbing onto the desk, banging the keyboard keys and trying to touch the screen.  If I then try to put her onto the floor, she cleverly finds the power button and with one magic push of a button, all my work disappears!  So I have given up the idea of blogging while my little monkey is awake and I will try to update whenever possible.

While I type this, Lily is peacefully in dreamland.  She has been going down for a morning nap quite early of late due to her incredibly early mornings.  It is winter which means it is cold and dark in the early mornings - the only place you really want to be is in your bed and fast asleep, but no, Lily is having none of it and is starting her mornings at the shocking time of 4am!  This morning was thankfully a little better with a wake up time of 5:15am.  Who knew that I would EVER think that 5:15am was a "better wake up time"!  I have tried everything from making a quick bottle in my bathroom (with boiled water in a flask from the night before)to whipping her out of her cot in lightening speed and rushing to the spare room...  None of it has worked and Lily is quite frankly, wide awake.

Other than the early mornings, Lily is developing like a dream.  Although she isn't yet walking (nor does she show any inclination to want to walk), she is talking and communicating so well.  She understands when I say "A sheep says?" so she answers confidently with "Baaaaaaaa"!  She is proficient with her "ta's" when giving and receiving things and she refers to the dogs as "Whoo whoos".  If she sees a bird, she will point and make grunting gestures and she makes "aaah" sounds when she wants to cuddle or kiss.  She also knows how to count to three.  When I say "1", she often just looks at me, then I say "2" and she repeats with "doo" and then on "3" she puts her head back and says "eeeeeeeeee'.  It is just too adorable and puts a huge smile on mommy's and daddy's faces.  Lily also understands the word "dance" and will happily shake her head and her bum (her dance moves) and she also understands "tap" when she will pat her little tummy with her cute little fingers.  She also loves remote controls and will happily point the TV remote at the TV and the airconditioner remote directly at the units on the walls. It's so rewarding to see and hear how well she is picking up on things and how she is beginning to understand the world around her.

With all these developments obviously comes the "not too great" things such as the opening of drawers and cupboards, the pushing of any visible buttons (the DVD player, the dishwasher) and the latest, climbing on top of things.  She has now discovered she can master the coffee table and from there, climb up onto the rather high TV stand!  My heart cannot take it - I'm constantly watching her like a hawk!

I'm absolutely loving the age she is at now, it's so incredibly cute and precious.  I just adore watching my little creation exploring her little world.  Such a proud mommy I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment