Monday, February 28, 2011

10 months old!

Another month has literally sped by and little Lily Pie is 10 months old today.  With hand on my heart, I can honestly say that I cannot believe that in just 2 months time, my precious little baby will be celebrating her first birthday.  Party planning has already started, the "save the dates" have even been sent out and I'm narrowing down the party theme. 

I have to say that as her first birthday draws near, I'm filled with all kinds of different emotions.  I'm proud of what I've accomplished as a mother so far, I'm extremely proud of my precious little creation and I'm excited to watch her develop her cute, happy, friendly personality and to watch her achieve all her milestones to becoming her own little person.  I'm also sad... sad that my newborn, tiny little baby has grown up far too quickly.  I've said this so many times, but I will say it again - I wish at times I could push pause and let time stand still.  I want to fully, wholeheartedly take in and enjoy every little new thing that she does.  But obviously I realise that this isn't possible so instead I am extremely thankful to my husband for allowing me the blessing of being a stay-at-home-mom so that I can be with Lily at her every waking moment.  I am able to watch her grow and be present at every milestone she achieves and for this I am truly, truly grateful.

A little 10 month update:
  • You are the light of my life, the apple of my eye, my absolute reason for being!  Your smile just brightens my day, no matter how early it has started or how many times you've woken me up at night.
  • You are still sporting a perfect gummy smile void of any teeth!  I've been told by doctors that the longer your teeth take to come, the better it is.  I'm not quite sure why, but obviously I believe them.  I only wish they would start making their appearance soon as I know you're in quite a bit of discomfort as they push their way through your gums and every now and then you cough and splutter when trying to eat something that clearly needs a few more gummy chews!  Teeth would be so much more helpful in the eating department.
  • You love playing peek-a-boo with mom while you eat your meals.  You pull your bib in front of your face and then pull it down again when I say "peek-a-boo"!  Even though it makes meal times a little slower and more difficult, it is oh so very cute.
  • You know exactly how to crawl on all fours and do so every now and then, however, on our hard tiled floors, you still prefer the leopard crawl.  Mom has bought you 4 mats to date in order to make the floors a little more comfortable for your precious knees.  Granny even bought you knee pads!
  • You are still such a friendly, outgoing little baby who loves attention.  When we are out shopping, you smile, giggle and wave at all the people.  It breaks mommy's heart when you smile or wave at someone who is clearly in a bad mood and they don't respond!  Oh how is mommy going to cope when you go through things such as nasty kids at school or someone picks on you?  I don't want to think about it.
  • You are getting stronger by the day and are constantly pulling yourself up to stand.  Your favourite spot to do so is the coffee table in the lounge, but then you get frustrated because you haven't quite worked out how to sit down again.  A little whine or moan gets mom's attention and I know it's your signal that you've had enough of standing.  I'm looking forward to when you eventually figure out how to bend your legs and sit, but I still do love that you need me to help you along your road of discovery.
  • You are still a brilliant eater and eat almost everything we give you, including sushi rice and pieces of lemon!  The expression on your face is priceless but you continue gumming away at it!
  • You love giving kisses, especially when daddy and mommy kiss each other and then you copy us by giving us kisses too.  I think daddy uses mommy by kissing her, just so you can copy mommy and let daddy kiss you as well.
  • You absolutely adore swimming - both at swimming lessons and with mom and dad at home.  You aren't scared of being submerged and know when to hold your breath and close your eyes.
  • You can be a little bit of a drama queen.  When other children get into your personal space and you don't like it, you turn around, look at me and moan.  You sometimes make out like you've been hurt when clearly you just want those kids to remove themselves from your space.  I can't deny that you definitely know what you want!
There are so many little things that you are doing on a daily basis that I could carry on listing them for pages.  It is crazy how just 10 months ago you were helpless and totally reliant on me for everything.  I love that you still need me for the majority of things, but it's amazing how much you can now do on your own.  I'm absolutely loving life's journey at the moment and the fact that we are in it together.  I love you more than you will ever know my little angel pie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment