Thursday, December 6, 2012

What's going on?

My dear little angel boy, who is only full of smiles and cute giggles the majority of the time, is suddenly really giving this mom a tough time when it comes to sleep.  Prior to a few weeks ago my nights would look similar to the following:
  • 7pm / 7:30pm - sleep
  • For some unknown reason, about an hour later I'd get a wake up call but a minute's rocking would get him back to sleep fairly easily.
  • 2am / 3am - wake up for a feed
  • 5am / 6am - start the day
Now, things have definitely worsened and I'm feeling rather sleep deprived as this was our night last night:
  • 7pm - sleep
  • 7:30pm - woke up / rocked back to sleep within 5 minutes
  • 8pm - woke up again, but could not get him back to sleep! Sat with him for what seemed like forever! Put him down a few times only for him to wake up and cry and I'd have to start the whole rocking procedure all over again to get him back to sleep!
  • 9:35 - EVENTUALLY back to sleep!
  • 2am - wake up for a feed
  • 4:40am - another feed
  • 5:45am - start the day
For some unknown, and truly baffling reason, Zac seems to battle to settle.  The night before last I had to go into his room at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm in order to rock him back to sleep.  He seems to sleep for 45 minute cycles, wakes up and then cannot settle himself again.  I wish I could just put him down at 7pm when he falls asleep and that would be that, but instead I'm being kept busy with him for what seems like the whole night!  So very, very exhausting!

I truly hope that this is just a phase and a very short lived one at that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment