Friday, December 21, 2012

Final swimming lesson

Lily's final swimming lesson was on Friday last week... I held my breath and prepared myself for yet another crying / screaming lesson, but I was rather pleasantly surprised!  Typically, it would be the last lesson for the year that Lily would cooperate and actually enjoy herself, but at least it was a positive outcome!  She happily went to the teacher, kicked her legs, blew bubbles and did as she was told.  I've now committed to more swimming lessons twice a week in January so fingers crossed she continues on this positive path.

In the mean time, we are swimming with her at home and she is a lot more confident.  She happily kicks, jumps to us from the steps and even attempted floating on her back yesterday.  So hopefully the summer swimming at home will also prepare her for her upcoming January lessons.  My aim is to have a toddler who knows pool safety and is capable of getting herself out of any dangerous situations around water.  It is a phobia of mine that something could happen to my children around swimming pools, so all things going well, this phobia can be put to rest when Lily is officially swimming on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment