Thursday, October 27, 2011

Overdue update

With home decor being the primary goings-on in our lives at the moment, our computer was unplugged and moved to a new location.  It has taken some time, but we are now reconnected and I am able to do a quick update on how things are going in the Aufrichtig household.

The sleep training worked like a dream!  It was the best money I have spent in a very long time and Lily was back to being an angel sleeper within 5 days.  It wasn't as difficult as I had imagined - I just stuck to the rules that Lynn Woods had given me without faltering once.  I literally followed her instructions to the minute and didn't let Lily's cries deter my determination to succeed.  It has been 2 weeks since we started with the sleep training and you would never say that we ever experienced any issues.  Lily now happily goes down to have both her midday and evening naps without as much as a "boo".  I don't hear a thing unless she decides she would like to have a little chat to herself which is just too precious to hear.

Lily now goes to sleep at 7:30pm and usually wakes up just after 7am without any night time wakings.  PERFECT!  This pregnant mommy can recuperate after her hectic days running after an extremely busy toddler.  I no longer feel exhausted and in need of sleep - we are all very happy in our space right now.  Holding thumbs it lasts as I have no doubt it was all due to teething.  Lily finally, at the age of 17 months, sprouted her 3rd and 4th teeth and I can see another 3 teeth about to make their appearance.  That is 5 teeth trying to come through at one time.  No wonder my poor baby was suffering!

Lily is learning new words at an incredible rate.  She now counts to 5, says "bicik" for biscuit, "sausage", "milk", "bunny", "see you" when she waves goodbye, "Bella" or "Chi Chi" for the dogs, "bubbles", "ball", "I la" for I love you... And the list is growing.  It is quite amazing how the two of us now communicate - I can understand so much more of what she wants and needs which assists with the levels of frustration for the both of us!

On a pregnancy note, I'm now 15 weeks pregnant and still sporting a relatively flat stomach.  I haven't yet felt any movement although you are supposed to be able to feel it earlier 2nd time round.  So I'm just waiting for those amazing first flutters to make themselves known.  My jeans, although still loose, are definitely not AS loose as they were prior to falling pregnant so I have a feeling I'm going to carry the same way I carried with Lily - ALL in my behind and not much in my stomach.  I suppose time will tell when this bump will make itself known but with Lily, it was only around the 24 week mark if I remember correctly.

My next scan is in a week's time and I can't wait to see our little baba.  I am also very excited to hear whether my gynae is going to confirm the fetal assessment's sighting that we are in fact having a little boy.  Once I've heard from him, I will be 100% convinced.  Looking forward to it!

So all is well and happy in our little home :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Mellie once again incredibly well written. I love you and Lilypie so much - my heart is very, very full xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete