Friday, September 23, 2011

10 week scan

So we were off to the doctor yesterday for another look at our growing little baby.  He/she is now just over 10 weeks.  I was quite sad that due to hubby being in Australia, that he couldn't join me for a glimpse at this baby-to-be, but luckily I had my sister join me.

Surprisingly, after copious amounts of carbohydrate consumption, I actually lost a bit of weight, a big positive of my doctor's visit.  Another positive was that this scan was an external scan versus the invasive internal that we are subjected to in the early stages of pregnancy.  And there was our little baby - at 10 weeks we could already see it's little head, nasal bone, arms and legs.  It was moving about quite nicely, kicking and bouncing.  Its little heartbeat is strong and, thank goodness, all is going well.

Mommy is feeling a little less exhausted but still suffering from constant nausea.  Some times are better than others, but I honestly cannot wait for the second trimester when hopefully this tiredness and nausea will be a thing of the past.

In 3 weeks time we are heading to Kingsbury Hospital for the in-depth Fetal Assessment, one of the more anxiety inducing yet amazing of all the scans.  Once they have confirmed that there are no abnormalities, this scan is truly astounding and so exceptionally clear.  It is amazing what you can see!

We didn't find out whether Lily was a girl or a boy and left it to be a surprise, but with this baby, we have decided to find out.  I would like to know what it is like to go through a pregnancy knowing the gender of the baby as well as not knowing.  In addition, from coming from a family of girls and having a daughter, I am definitely gravitating towards the feeling that this little baby is another girl.  I am not sure whether this is "motherly instinct" or just what I'm used to and therefore instinctively relate to.  If I am carrying a boy, I will be delighted, although having said that, it will require a whole mind shift as I know nothing about little winkys!  So hopefully Baby A the 2nd will be lying in a perfect position on 11th October so we can see whether Lily will be getting a baby brother or a baby sister.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting Mellie - you are such an amazing mommy to precious Lilypie and your new addition is one very lucky little person. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete