Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finally, our 1st tooth!

For the past few months, I have had "tooth envy", watching as all Lily's friends sprout teeth left, right and center, while my baby's gummy smile remains.  I was starting to get a little perturbed at the lack of teeth and was ready to google whether there has ever been a documented case of a toothless child! 

Luckily, I didn't have to resort to that as 8 days before Lily's 1st birthday (20th April 2011), I felt the sharp little edge of her first tooth.  The bottom left tooth to be precise!  I couldn't quite believe what I was feeling so I took a silver teaspoon and gently tapped it against her gums and "tadaa", a resounding "tinging" sound was heard.  So Lily is now officially no longer toothless and I can't wait to see what she is going to look like without her gummy smile.

Now to organise some pancakes to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment