Monday, August 30, 2010

New Mommy!

I had all great intentions to start a blog when I first found out I was pregnant, but for some reason, going totally against my organised personality, I never got around to starting one.  I wish I had.  I wish I had documented all the ups and downs of pregnancy (not that there were many "downs"), all the incredible "firsts" and of course, the indescribable, most amazing experience of finally meeting my precious daughter.  I never knew life could deal an individual such an incredible experience - an experience that words can never describe.  The absolute unconditional love you feel for this little person is truly out of this world.

So be it as it may, I am now going to try start this blog that I had so intended on doing about a year ago!

On the 28th April this year, I met my beautiful daughter Lily.  My husband and I hadn't found out the sex of our baby, but I think somewhere deep down I knew we were having a little girl.  If people asked me what gender I would have preferred for our first born I always said it didn't matter to us and that as long as our baby was healthy, we would be happy.  Of course that was the truth, but secretly, if I was given the choice of choosing a gender, I definitely leaned towards pink!

So out came Lily, a petite 3kg on the dot with a mop of black hair and the most perfectly shaped little eyebrows.  I couldn't stop staring at her perfect little features and how, even at a few hours old, she had the same big toe as her mom and granny - a feature I will have to apologise for passing on to her when she's a little older!

Today Lily is a couple of days over 4 months old and it truly has been the most incredible 4 months of my life.

Here is a picture of my cute little angel at 1 day old.


1 comment:

  1. wow think my hormones are in a tizz, or this is reminding me so much of how i felt... Just feeling so emotional :)

    ReplyDelete