Monday, May 27, 2013

We are walking... almost

Zac is now taking his first steps! At 13 months old he is quite confidently taking a few steps here and there, although crawling is still obviously his prefered and more trusted mode of transport.  Every day though he seems to take a few more steps than the day before and I'm sure in the next few weeks we will have a confident little walking toddler!

Zac is also sporting the cutest little smile at the moment with one extra large front tooth while its partner is still in hiding. It looks oddly strange with one tooth so large and prominent while the other one isn't anywhere near showing itself yet.  I can see it swelling behind the gum, but there are absolutely no protrusions yet.  In the mean time I will enjoy the cuteness of his lobsided smile :)

My little boy is still having his two day naps and due to Mother's Amnesia, I had to refer back to this blog to read when Lily started to drop her morning nap and funnily enough, it was at 13 months (Zac's age now) that she started going down a little later and having one nap over lunch time.  Zac still seems quite tired in the mornings and needs his 9am sleep as he goes down without fuss and usually surfaces around 11am, sometimes even 11:30am like today.  Then twice in the last few days he has fought his afternoon sleep a little and that's what got me wondering... So I suppose it's best to bare in mind that it is around this age that sleep patterns may begin to change.

Otherwise my little boy is getting cuter and cuter if that's even possible!  He is still very much a mommy's boy and loves to be with me.  He also loves giving me kisses and will often just bend over, look me in the eyes and come in for a big kiss - my best!  He also loves climbing all over me - kind of like I'm a lionness and he is a cub clambering all over the place.  Zac is also starting to communicate nicely now and says "Dudu", "Duck", makes sucking/smacking lip sounds when asked what noise a fish makes, "Daddy", "Mamma" and "Ta".  But even without words, he definitely communicates well and makes it known quite clearly what he wants... Very determined little guy, just like his sister!

I'm truly so in love with my two little babies and couldn't be a happier mom.  I've even started contemplating what it would be like to have a third little addition to our family.  I know hubby is set against it and is quite happy with our little brood, but I'm definitely broody for another.  I have had a serious chat with him to at least consider the option in a few months down the line.  Obviously not right now as Zac is still a bit young, but potentially in the future.  He didn't resist me - he nodded and essentially in his silence, agreed to at least consider the idea without immediate resistance.  So we shall see... Who knows, I may change my mind as well, but for now a third child seems perfect.  I'd love to add another precious little Lily or Zac to our gorgeous little family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment