Tuesday, November 29, 2011

19 months old

Today I watched my little angel playing at her Top Tots group with a sense of nostalgia... As I keep saying in almost every update I post, it was like yesterday that she was a floppy, helpless little being who required every second of my attention (when she wasn't sleeping of course) and now she is a determined, happy, entertaining, gorgeous little 19 month old!

Lily is really such a blessing and I look forward to seeing her smiling face every single morning.  She is honestly a happy little thing who greets me as I open her door with a "morning" or "hello".  Truly heart melting!  As I've said before, her vocabulary increases by the day and it seems like I only have to tell her something once and she is like a sponge - soaks it all in AND retains the information as well.  Such a proud mommy over here!

Some cute little things to note is that she battles to start a word with the letter "f".  So a frog is a "rog" and a "phone" is a "wofe" for example.  She also can't quite grasp the pronunciation of monkey.  Instead Lily's version of the word is "monic"!  I can't help but giggle every time I hear it.

I'm still battling with Lily's eating habits, making meal times a true challenge in terms of actually getting anything down as well as controlling my frustration levels.  Vegetables are a no-no, but sometimes I manage to get her to eat a veggie finger or two and I've also resorted to making flapjacks with hidden pureed cauliflower and butternut in the mixture.  She isn't a fan though - think she has cottoned on to the fact that they're not quite "legitimate" flapjacks.  She does however love sausage, apples and cheese.  Yoghurt used to be a favourite, something I could rely on, but sadly no longer...  I'm really hoping that her eating habits improve soon so I can rest assured that my little angel is getting the nutrition she needs.

Sleep wise Lily is still a little super star giving mommy a much needed great night's sleep.  She sleeps from 7:30pm to either 7am or 7:30am.  I'm going to enjoy it for the next 5.5 months before baby #2 arrives!  And as I type this, she has woken up from her midday nap, after only napping for half an hour!!!  I don't know why, but better run...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful as per usual - love reading and it brings such a smile to our faces and the monic also a giggle.
    Love you both so very much.
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete